The following questions will help you determine if you have a hearing loss and need to have your hearing evaluated:
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you hear better on one ear than the other when you are on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation with two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you have trouble hearing in restaurants?
- Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do family members or co-workers remark about your missing what has been said?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to take these next easy steps and find out the cause of your hearing loss.
Call today! 231-348-5900
Step 1: Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
Simple exam to evaluate your response to both tones and speech using earphones.
Determine the type and degree of hearing loss you have.
Step 2: Hearing Aid Consultation
No cost, no co-pay appointment.
You will get an hour of one-on-one time to discuss with our audiologist amplification options.
Learn about the different technologies available.
Learn about styles available to meet your budget.
Step 3: Selection & Ordering
Audiologists assist you in placing your order.
A hearing aid fitting appointment is scheduled 1-2 weeks from date of order.
Step 4: Fitting Appointment
This appointment is typically 30-60 minutes in duration.
Your hearing aids will be fitted to you!
Our audiologist will instruct you on:
The use and care of your hearing aid.
How to change the batteries.
How to fit the hearing aid properly into your ear.
Approximately 2 weeks after fitting a follow-up appointment is scheduled.
Assess the need for any programming changes.
Discuss any concerns or problems.
Northwoods Ear, Nose & Throat, PC
Dr. James J. Slater DO, FAOCO
Maria Thompson MA, CCC-A
2611 Charlevoix Ave.
Petoskey, MI 49770
125 N. Main St.
Cheboygan, MI 49721